Founded in 1854, O’Fallon has gained in population every year since (except 1930 when the census showed a net loss of six residents. Initially a railroad depot was built downtown, which helped put O'Fallon on the map. City lots were platted and sold at a public auction on May 18, 1854. A post office was established the following year and the city began attracting German settlers looking for fertile farming land. On January 27, 1874, O'Fallon was incorporated as a village. On March 14, 1905, the citizens voted for a change to the city form of government.
Located just north and east of Scott Air Force base, O’Fallon has experienced steady growth following the expansion of Interstate 64 and the suburban sprawl of the 1980s.
The location of O’Fallon provides residents with limitless options for dining and shopping both specialty and mass market. Specialty shops and eateries in the old downtown district include Wood’s Bakery Peel Wood Fired Pizza Sweet Katie Bees, Fezziwig’s Marketplace, Steven Mueller Florist , Courage and Grace Designs, and so much more.
Parks and Recreation are plentiful in O’Fallon. If you are looking for ball fields, picnic pavilions, dog parks, skating, walking trails and more check out http://ofallonparksandrec.com/parks/ for complete details about Community Park, Hesse Park, O’Fallon Veteran’s Park, Ogles Creek Park, Rock Springs Rotary Park, Family Sports Park and more.